Wow, now that's a hiatus.

There literally aren't words to say how embarrassing it is that I haven't blogged since February. It's July (nearly August).

Welp, so goes it, eh? With three kids involved in different sports, a couple of part-time jobs and a 'part-time' aka full-time day job, life is never boring. Catching our breath would be nice ... so that's what I'm hoping August will be, a time to relax and rejuvenate, and rest. It's never my favorite month, but here's hoping it can be.

I've also been on Instagram (@beanieg0313) a ton, and am finding loads of inspiration there.

A couple lot of pictures of what I've worked on since February quilts follow:

 This is by far my favorite WIP. The fabric is by Alison Glass (print) and Wendy Paskus (solids). Makes me happy every time I work on it. That's why I'm keeping it for me!



 My lovely sister got married this month and since I've made quilts for her and her hubby, I decided to take it easy and make them 'not quite matching' pillow cases. My sister and I like to camp the same way: indoors sleeping on beds, preferably with a glass of wine!

I made this ring bearer's pillow for my sister's wedding.

Quilt for my brother Bob. Part of a 'brother's project' that I'm hoping to complete by the end of the year ... which is approaching faster than I thought. Sheesh.

One of the three sets of curtains I made for my brother, Dennis, and his gal, Laura.

Stencil for fabric for a project with Wendy that makes my brain hurt but will be super cool.

Wedding signature quilt for a friend. She used to babysit my kiddos ... 

A bit of a fail here on a Kindle case ... I sent it to my niece for her birthday for her iPad.

I made three of these babies since they've been cut out since forever! One for a friend who moved on to another job, and two to a fellow redheaded friend who has a great business in town.

Pillow shams for the lake house. Quilt to go with this is in progress. Since I insist on quilting it myself, it's taking longer than I hoped (not to mention all the other projects I have going).

 These were in my head, so I just had to make them. Of course I have a million vintage sheets ready to go, just need to eek out some more days in the week to do these!

This is a wall hanging (formerly a possible quilt) that I did from a pattern developed by my quilty friend Bonnie. I had about two seams to go. It's quilted and bound, and will be hung in one of the bathrooms at the lake ...

A special project that is top on the list of getting done for a friend whose husband died. I've made quilts from her husband's clothing. Two for his children and now I'm working on hers. 
I'll blog more on this later (not next February).

It's not that I haven't been sewing ... I just haven't been blogging. Thanks for reading.




Comments

Popped over from Instagram! I feel ya on the hiatus, It's been harder for me to blog lately too! Love all your projects, especially those churn dashes!
Carol Sc said…
Those are some wild curtains!! ...and I like your definition of camping --- after spending many, many years in tents, with outdoor toilets, camp cots, etc. The cottage is so welcome --- but the kids continually talk about their memories.
Sharon said…
great projects! I do like that first one with the Alison Glass fabric
shannon said…
Yay...sneak preview of my quilt! The kids love theirs. Connor sleeps with his every night. And Katie's in a place of honor in her room. I'm so grateful that you have taken so much time to give us a beautiful memory of their Dad!

Popular Posts